The Reading Rush - Stay Home Edition

The Stay Home Reading Rush

A little note: I do not own the image with TRR logo, all rights go di Ariel and Raeleen, I've only added the blue background with all the yellow words on it in which I wanted to insert the logo.
Un piccolo appunto: il logo di TRR Γ¨ ideato da Ariel e Raeleen, tutti i diritti vanno a loro, io ho solo creato lo sfondo che vedete con le varie scritte e colori in cui volevo inserirlo.

Hello readers,
do you remember The Reading Rush to which I participated this summer? If the answer is no, here is my first article about it. Anyway it's a Reading Challenge, or to say better, a challenge with yourself in which you push yourself to the limit to read as much as you can during the time of one week. Ad the best part is that the participants come from all around the world and they arw so many It's really great, but a little stressing.  I anticipate you that I will surely be participating in the summer TRR, that this year will go from 20th to 26th July. However in the meantime I'm here trying to take part in this new invention, concerning the fact of staying at home. A more relaxing challenge, without a site where to talk to other readers nor badges to collect, 4 simple challenges to complete in complete tranquillity. Seeing that I could easily find books for the prompts, I decided to try, even if the period of time is a really bad one. In fact it goes from 16th to 19th April, days in which I have a lot to do, but we'll see how it goes, this time I have not the leas intention to put any pressure on myself.

Ciao a tutti lettori,
vi ricordate del The Reading Rush a cui ho partecipato quest'estate? In caso la risposta fosse no, vi rimando al mio primo post in merito. Ad ogni modo si tratta di una Sfida di lettura o piΓΉ che altro una sfida con se stessi in cui ci si spinge al massimo per leggere moltissimo nell'arco di una settimana. E il bello Γ¨ che vi partecipano persone provenienti da tutto il mondo e in gran numero. È davvero bellissimo, anche se un po' stressante. Vi anticipo giΓ  che parteciperΓ² sicuramente al solito TRR estivo, che quest'anno va dal 20 al 26 Luglio. Ma nel frattempo eccomi qui a tentare di partecipare a questa nuova invenzione volta proprio allo stare a casa. Una sfida piΓΉ rilassata, priva di sito in cui confrontarsi o di badges da accumulare, 4 sfide semplici e da fare in tranquillitΓ . Vedendo che potevo trovare facilmente dei libri adatti ho deciso di provarci, anche se il periodo non Γ¨ dei migliori. Infatti va dal 16 al 19 Aprile, giorni in cui sono un po' piena di cose da fare, ma vediamo come andrΓ , questa volta non ho intenzione di mettermi alcuna pressione.

Ecco qui le sfide di lettura con i libri che ho intenzione di leggere.

Here are the Reading Challenges with my Tbr.

1. Read a Book with a House on the cover
Leggi un libro con una casa in copertina


"In The Mountains" by Elizabeth von Arnim
this is one of my mother's books. She really likes this author and I've never read anything else from her after I got bored by reading the first few pages of "The Enchanted April". To justify myself I have to say that I was on the train, coming home from my grandmother's house and I was really tired, so everything that I could have possibly read would have only accentuated this feeling. So, now I'm trying again, seen that this book perfectly fits the prompt, look at that little home in the mountains, it's perfect.

"Un'Estate in Montagna" di Elizabeth von Arnim
questo Γ¨ uno dei libri di mia mamma. lei apprezza molto questa autrice, ma io non ho mai letto nient'altro di suo dopo essermi annoiata e quasi addormentata leggendo le prime pagine di "Un Incantevole Aprile". A mia discolpa devo dire che ero in treno, di ritorno dalla casa di mia nonna ed ero veramente stanca, quindi qualsiasi cosa avessi letto avrebbe soltanto accentuato la mia stanchezza. Quindi adesso ci riprovo, dato che questo libro Γ¨ perfetto per la sfida, guardate quella piccola casetta in montagna, perfetta.



2. Read a book in the same room the whole time
Leggi un libro nella stessa stanza per tutta la durata della lettura




"The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells
I have to reread this book, after having listened to it on audiobook, to comprehend it better. It's for a school project and I think I have chosen pretty well. Also, it's only 100 pages long, so I can stay in the same room for a few hours and finish it right away.

"La macchina del Tempo" di H.G. Wells
devo rileggere questo libro, dopo aver ascoltato l'audiolibro, per comprenderlo meglio. È per un progetto di classe e credo di aver scelto bene. Inoltre ha 100 pagine, quindi posso stare nella stessa stanza per qualche ora e finirlo velocemente.

3. Read a book set somewhere you wish you could go
Leggi un libro ambientato in un posto dove vorresti andare

 



I  can't decide between these two plays,"The Tragedy of Othello, The Moor of Venice" is initially set in Venice and I'd like to be there at the moment if I could, but there's also "Romeo and Juliet", which is set in Verona and after visiting the city with the school I have the desire to go there again. Anyways I'm reading one of Shakespeare's plays, I have all of them, but I have only read "Hamlet". My objective is to read them all, with no time limit, someday i will have finished them. I have this project because i really like Shakespeare and i want to know more about him, also because in school we have done so little.

Non riesco a scegliere tra queste due opere teatrali, "Otello Il Moro di Venezia" Γ¨ inizialmente ambientato a Venezia, e se potessi sarei lΓ¬ al momento, ma "Romeo e Giulietta" si svolge a Verona, cittΓ  che mi Γ¨ piaciuta talmente tanto durante la gita con la classe, da volerci tornare. In ogni caso leggerΓ² qualcosa di Shakespeare, posseggo tutte le sue opere, ma ho letto integralmente solo "Amleto". Il mio obiettivo Γ¨ di leggere tutte prima o poi, senza limite di tempo. Questo perchΓ© Shakespeare mi piace molto e vorrei saperne di piΓΉ, anche perchΓ© a scuola abbiamo letto davvero poco.



4. Read a book that will make you smile
Leggi un libro che ti faccia sorridere



I'm having an extremely hard time in picking up a book for this prompt. There's not even one book that comes to my mind when i think about the word "smile". It's kind of sad. I'm sure I'll find something in the end, but for the moment I'm going to say maybe "Questa Storia (translated literally as This Story)" by Alessandro Baricco, only because he's one of my favourite authors and I think that his books can give me joy, or at least I hope so. I think this book hasn't been translated in English, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Sto avendo molte difficoltà a trovare un libro per questa sfida. Non me ne viene in mente nemmeno uno quando penso alla parola "sorriso". È triste come cosa. Sono sicura che troverò qualcosa alla fine, ma per il momento vado con "Questa Storia" di Alessandro Baricco, semplicemente perché è uno dei miei autori preferiti e credo che possa portarmi gioia, almeno spero.

That's it for my Tbr, I hope I'll see come of you doing this Read-A-Thon and if you will be participating please let me know! 
I'll try to keep you updated on my reading progress, maybe splitting the challnege in half, so every two days you'll have news from me.

Per oggi è tutto per quanto riguarda la mia Tbr per questo Read-A-Thon, spero che alcuni di voi partecipino e se sì, per favore fatemelo sapere!
Vi terrΓ² aggiornati sui miei progressi di lettura probabilmente dividendo la sfida a metΓ , quindi avrete mie notizie ogni due giorni.

I have un update: the site is kind of working, so you can go on The Reading Rush and know more about this challenge. In addition here you can find Ariel's video with more information.

Ho un aggiornamento: il sito funziona, piΓΉ o meno, quindi potete andare su The Reading Rush per avere maggiori informazioni. Inoltre ecco qui un video informativo di Ariel.

Happy reading at Home to all of you!I'll see you soon!
Buona lettura a casa a tutti voi!Ci sentiamo presto!

Commenti

Post piΓΉ popolari

Flag Counter